-George Bernard Shaw
More than a year has gone by since I opened my mouth last… perhaps that’s a good thing. Rather than apologize, I saw a quote while looking up ideas on how to write about the passage of time and came across this little bit of pleasure…
Sometimes I need what only you can provide: your absence
It made me think that apologizing to the internet for not having time for it is rather silly, since odds are, no one noticed I wasn’t writing. As depressing as that thought might seem, it doesn’t bother me. I don’t write here for any other person’s pleasure, just my own. It’s a nice little journal of sorts that I am willing to share, and if someone is willing to read, all the better.
So I’ll try to recap the last year as briefly as possible… mostly so I can remember to write about these events later.
- We spent Christmas last year in Bremerton with family, for the first time in 10 years.
- In January I promised myself to be healthier… and I promise I tried… for about a week.
- In February I got a job at Burger King… In April I quit. Don’t work there. Just don’t.
- April brought Lillie’s 6th birthday.
- In late April I started working for The Home Depot. Do work there. I still do.
- In June Hayden turned 10. Double digits earned him a trip to a water park. Turns out I don’t care for water slides… or find I feel too fat for them. See January.
- Also in June I joined a gym. That lasted a month due to cost… but I lost weight.
- In July my mom found out she had cancer. I spent a week or so in the hospital with her.
- In August I decided the weight had to go. Between August and November I lost like 30 lbs.
- In September both kids were in full time school. I wish they’d quit getting older, cause that means I am too.
- In October I turned 29, Mom turned 59, Dustin turned 38, Molly turned 19, and I had my 11th wedding anniversary. I also worked too much, and didn’t celebrate much, but I did get an awesome 3DSXL and Animal Crossing for a present!
- For my anniversary, though, I went to a Navy League Ball. It was fancy… and boring. But I got to wear an expensive dress.
- For Halloween, Hayden was a Creeper, and Lillie was the Pink Power Ranger. Also, Bill visited.
- November 6th was Garen’s birthday. He’s still old. (33)
- On November 11th I arrived at Harrison Hospital at 3:30 in the morning, for my mother.
- On November 13th I got to talk to her for the last time.
- On November 16th, she passed away. (Also Garen’s late mother Charlet’s birthday)
- On November 22nd, my sister in law Gina was being a sneak and got eloped. (CONGRATS!)
- Tonight I redid the blog, merged in older posts, and got ready to try writing again.
I make no promises to commit to writing, because I never seem to follow through. But I’ve got the bug, because my hubby got the bug… and well, anything he can do I can do better! (Not really, he’s got a knack for words).
I’ll try to expand upon these things in the next few days… but there’s the short version.