-George Bernard Shaw
More than a year has gone by since I opened my mouth last… perhaps that’s a good thing. Rather than apologize, I saw a quote while looking up ideas on how to write about the passage of time and came across this little bit of pleasure…
Sometimes I need what only you can provide: your absence
It made me think that apologizing to the internet for not having time for it is rather silly, since odds are, no one noticed I wasn’t writing. As depressing as that thought might seem, it doesn’t bother me. I don’t write here for any other person’s pleasure, just my own. It’s a nice little journal of sorts that I am willing to share, and if someone is willing to read, all the better.
So I’ll try to recap the last year as briefly as possible… mostly so I can remember to write about these events later.
- We spent Christmas last year in Bremerton with family, for the first time in 10 years.
- In January I promised myself to be healthier… and I promise I tried… for about a week.
- In February I got a job at Burger King… In April I quit. Don’t work there. Just don’t.
- April brought Lillie’s 6th birthday.
- In late April I started working for The Home Depot. Do work there. I still do.
- In June Hayden turned 10. Double digits earned him a trip to a water park. Turns out I don’t care for water slides… or find I feel too fat for them. See January.
- Also in June I joined a gym. That lasted a month due to cost… but I lost weight.
- In July my mom found out she had cancer. I spent a week or so in the hospital with her.
- In August I decided the weight had to go. Between August and November I lost like 30 lbs.
- In September both kids were in full time school. I wish they’d quit getting older, cause that means I am too.
- In October I turned 29, Mom turned 59, Dustin turned 38, Molly turned 19, and I had my 11th wedding anniversary. I also worked too much, and didn’t celebrate much, but I did get an awesome 3DSXL and Animal Crossing for a present!
- For my anniversary, though, I went to a Navy League Ball. It was fancy… and boring. But I got to wear an expensive dress.
- For Halloween, Hayden was a Creeper, and Lillie was the Pink Power Ranger. Also, Bill visited.
- November 6th was Garen’s birthday. He’s still old. (33)
- On November 11th I arrived at Harrison Hospital at 3:30 in the morning, for my mother.
- On November 13th I got to talk to her for the last time.
- On November 16th, she passed away. (Also Garen’s late mother Charlet’s birthday)
- On November 22nd, my sister in law Gina was being a sneak and got eloped. (CONGRATS!)
- Tonight I redid the blog, merged in older posts, and got ready to try writing again.
I make no promises to commit to writing, because I never seem to follow through. But I’ve got the bug, because my hubby got the bug… and well, anything he can do I can do better! (Not really, he’s got a knack for words).
I’ll try to expand upon these things in the next few days… but there’s the short version.
So I was gone for a few days from WoW and Blogging alike. I tried really hard to make sure we were all caught up in the daily life stuff so that my husband’s absence would be easier to manage. We did manage a lot but not everything I would have liked to. So far the children seem pretty good, but its only been an hour or so :P. LOL 1 hour down, forty days to go. Anyways, in the time I’ve been gone I noticed a few things went down in the WoW community, including
While I could probably say a hundred things about the list above I think I’ll just summarize since it seems enough has been said already. I actually dislike expansions. It makes me feel noob all over again, and when they drastically change one of my main characters it makes it that much more tiresome. My paladin is going to change, and I’ll adjust to it. Am I excited for it? Not really. I’ll go more into that at a later date. I could say the same thing about the Beta, except I am grateful for the occasional heads up so I can be less angry at the changes when they come. I wish I’d been present for the TNB live show, I’m sure it was good fun. I however was trying to spend some quality time with the husband and kids so we instead watched the series finale of Avatar: The Last Airbender together. The Achievements announcement sounds exciting though. I love little things like that and I’m certain I will shoot to get every single one I can.
Now that we’re past our summary of stuff I missed, I thought I’d share that my rogue has been level 68 for nearly two weeks now. I have no idea why I cant seem to just finish her off, but I will get on it asap now. Once she has her level, and some decent gear I’ll begin work on my next toon(s), the duel boxing hunters. Ive been toying with the idea of a shadow priest for some time now, but I have a holy one horde side. I’m just not sure I really want to respec her after all the work I put into crafting the gear she has. So I remain undecided about her. I really shouldn’t be thinking about this stuff at all until my rogue is finished though.
I did however log onto my warlock last night for a tiny bit. I left her about a year ago now on the old server as she was the GM of Infusion, and was constantly in Tell Hell. I somehow had thought that if I abandoned her for a year or so people would forget about me. Turns out they don’t. I logged in and was on no more then three minutes when three old guild mates gave me the standard “OMG ITS YOU” tell. I of course told them, “No its not, its just a figment of your imagination.” We chatted about content they’ve seen and they tell me how much they miss me and our guild. All in all polite conversation. A fourth eventually figured me out as well but his question was if I was coming back full time. Im not entirely sure what I wanna do. I love all my toons and now I feel like I need to pick a side.
I had logged on to Librasky to simply get her started on some SSO rep. When I left her oh so long ago, she was in near full season 2 gear. Now that’s the welfare stuff. Makes me sad. So I think I might start logging on in between the toons and get used to playing my lock again by doing her SSO dailies each day and that’s about it. Don’t tell anyone but I died twice trying to remember how to play her. Once the rogue is 70 I also plan to go on a crusade to hit the gold cap on at least one toon. Wish me luck on that.
Anyways that should catch us up to the present, I’m gonna go get started on a double rep grind and I’ll keep you posted on how that goes.