Hello World! My name is Andrea Anderson. I am a 27 year old mother of two; Hayden, who is 8 and Lillie who is 4. I am married to Garen, who currently is off serving on the USCGC Mackinaw stationed out of Cheboygan, Michigan. I am currently living in Milwaukee Wisconsin… but that’s a long involved story with entirely too many dull details to explain at the moment. I am in school, through the University of Phoenix Online, going for an Associates of the Arts in Information Technology/Visual Communications. Additionally, I am employed with Best Buy as part of the Geek Squad. Good stuff, I assure you.
So…. 15 interesting facts about me? I’m not sure I’m quite that interesting… but lets give it a shot.
1. I managed the first 100 percent score on the Alaska State GED in the Reading and Essay portions of the test. I don’t know how I managed to write an entire essay by hand with a pen about a quilt without making any spelling or grammar errors, but I did! They threw me a party and everything. Sarah Palin was there too… the only thing missing… was me. I did not attend my own graduation. I was getting my hair dyed. Yup. I’m awesome.
2. I am 27 years old and two years ago I found out I had Basal Cell Carcinoma. I also have precancerous of another type of skin cancer, but no melanoma. Whew. Though every single time I see a doctor, they always declare I’m far too young. Who would make this stuff up? Anyways, last time I was checked I got an all clear, so at least that mess is done with. If you’re gonna deal with cancer, skin cancer is the one to get, I’d say.
3. I’ve been told by a doctor that I am agoraphobic.
4. The first poem I ever wrote was about a book called “Libby on Wednesday“. I don’t remember the book, or the poem I wrote, but I got first place in a contest for it.
5. I have plans to get a tattoo someday, but I’m terrified of needles. I haven’t figured out how I am going to overcome this fear, but I am dead set I’ll get this tattoo.
6. I’ve been teaching myself to knit. I learned from videos on YouTube. I am not very great at it, but I get by.
7. I have had entirely too many surgeries, and too many stitches. The most recent was a relocation of a nerve in my left elbow, resulting in 8 staples, actually.
8. I’ve had a fully natural birth and an emergency C-Section. I will not be having any more kids but I wonder what the middle of those two is like?
9. I grew up as a navy brat and then married a coastie. Although all 27 years of my life have been as a dependent of the military, I never left the west coast until 2009…. and only made it to the Great Lakes. However, I have visited Florida, but that’s it for the East Coast, and I’ve never left the country.
10. Why yes, my hair is naturally curly… but no, I am not a red-head. I have no idea where people get that impression.
11. My mother in law used to say that I’d giggle a certain way right before I was about to say something vulgar or wildly inappropriate.
12. I’m a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, or more popularly known as a Mormon. I’m not a very good one, not by any stretch of the imagination, but I’m a member, all the same.
13. Although my sisters and brother and even my mother all show artistic and musical ability, I haven’t a shred of it myself without the use of technology.
14. My family holds season tickets to the Green Bay Packers. Apparently, this gives you coolness points when you live in Wisconsin
15. I’m a terrible homemaker. I can’t even keep houseplants alive… I loathe dishes, and oh man I really should clean off my desk… but I’ll happily vacuum the floor all day long. Dunno why, but I love my Dyson.
So there ya have it, 15 borderline entertaining facts about me. Now it’s you’re turn.